03 Jul RN MDS Coordinator – Nursing Home (Brooklyn, NY)
Recruit Secure is collaborating with a Skilled Nursing Facility located in Brooklyn, NY that is seeking an experienced RN MDS Coordinator. The MDS Coordinator is responsible to oversee the entire patient assessment process and ensuring that assessments and care plans are done accurately and in a timely manner. Additionally, the MDS Coordinator will review and revise individual patient care plans as needed to comply with all regulatory guidelines. The Nursing Home is a long-term skilled nursing facility with over 200 beds with a very collaborative and congenial staff. The MDS Coordinator is an important member of the leadership team.
Salary range is dependent on experience. A full and generous benefits package is included.
- Prepare, file and track electronic paperwork submissions
- Ensures that the facility adheres to all regulatory requirements and current standards of practice in relation to the MDS care planning process
- Prepare assessment schedules
- Attend Care plan assessment meetings
- Completing all required documentation for medical records
- Collaboratively works with the resident, family and interdisciplinary team.
- Reviews clinical records for accuracy and compliance with MDS coding.
- Active RN license from the State of New York.
- Experience in long-term care and at least 1-year job-related experience in the MDS process.
- Strong Experience with Medicaid – CMI scoring
- Must have familiarity with various computer software.
- Must be efficient, organized, detail –oriented and flexible.
- Self -directed but team-oriented
Job Type: Full-time